What is your Online Automotive Mobile Marketing strategy for your car dealership? Do you even have one? You better, otherwise you are going to be left behind in the dust.
Tablet and smartphone use is literally dominating the scene and continously gaining grounds as a major access point to information and entertainment. However, for many dealers, the world of online automotive marketing is challenging enough without even thinking about the mobile side of the spectrum. We are going to give you a turbo boost with these four tips on how to win the automotive online mobile marketing race.
1. You must have a mobile responsive website and/or app. Your website needs to look great from mobile devices, no exceptions. Mobile responsive simply means that your car dealership website looks the same when viewing it from any device, tablet, smartphone, laptop or desktop PC.
To achieve this, you can have a separate website created that matches the design of your traditional site or you can have your traditional site built responsively – which means it automatically resizes according to the device used to view the site. No matter which option or a combination of these options, navigation from mobile devices needs to be smooth and simple with ”click to call” button, easy-to-locate directions to your dealership, and easy-to-use inventory search.
Are you interested in really getting ahead in the competition? If so, consider adding a an application for your visitors. The more functionalities the better. You can give buyers the option of paying online, setting up test drive appointments, service appointment scheduling, coupons or offers and more. It is important to keep in mind that if you decide to build an app, you must consider the costs of programmers to build an app that works with Android, iPhone and Microsoft operating systems.
2. Keep up on the competition. If you want to stay ahead in the race, you need to pay attention to what the competition is doing. Want to hear some of the latest trends your competition is already hip to? Let’s review.
- Purchasing Adwords and strategically using other paid ad campaigns with Yahoo, Google and other networks.
- Providing cell phone numbers and giving shoppers the option to text your dealership or sales associate for a more immediate response. More than 68% of online users use text messaging regularly.
- Using paid ads on social media platforms with a specific vehicle or model you are advertising and not just a generic vehicle ad.
- Promoting specific sales events and featuring a ”call to action” back to the site.
3. Use analytics to track mobile users. Measure your mobile conversions by taking an in-depth look at which mobile users generated a lead, took a deeper look into your site or made a purchase with your company.
You can also track how many users use the ”click to call” feature or the text feature on your mobile site. Probably the most popular option to track this data is Goole Analytics, but some companies also use Clicky Web Analytics or the free W3 Counter Analytics.
4. Take advantage of social media platforms. Social media websites are some of the most popular areas mobile users spend their time surfing. In fact, according to Automotive Digital Marketing, 154 million Americans are active monthly on social media websites. You need to be targeting these users with your car dealerships’ social media accounts.
Study each individual platform and post the appropriate content in the form of videos, posts, articles and more. Use your social media accounts to establish yourself as an expert by posting maintanence and service tips, car buying advice, and vehicle information.
If the mobile online automotive marketing is still intimidating or simply to much for you to manage, we can help. AIM provides inventory to social that automatically pushes your car listings to your social media platforms so you don’t have to do it manually. It’s that easy. Contact us today to learn more about all our features designed to make your mobile marketing easier.